Projekt ARES
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets

2 verfasser

Nach unten

Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets Empty Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets

Beitrag von RomanDesign Do 04 Apr 2024, 06:38

Hallo! Apologies for English: I don't speak German. Projekt Ares is an amazing piece of software, the best I could find for training in my basement projection theater.
I would like to create new targets for the IPSC editor. I installed 3DGamestudio and I can open the objects, so far so good. But I can't figure out how the targets are working.
- How can I assign the hit areas to textures and how many points they award?
- How are the animations done for the animated targets?
- Is it possible to make the targets pop-up after a pause and stay up for certain amount of time, like in the pop-up game? Can it happen randomly?
- Looks like I can create new objects - will they automatically appear in the editor, if placed in the same directory as default objects?

RomanDesign

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

Nach oben Nach unten

Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets Empty Re: Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets

Beitrag von RomanDesign Do 04 Apr 2024, 20:59

Well, I managed to make a target, and animate it, but the animation is just looping, and the more keyframes I use, the faster it's looping, as if it's squeezing all the frames into 1 second of animation. How can I make it play longer? How can I make one frame to stay for a long time? How can I make it play only one way, so the target pops up and stays there?

RomanDesign

Nach oben Nach unten

Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets Empty Re: Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets

Beitrag von RomanDesign Do 04 Apr 2024, 21:35

OK, I found an option (gear icon) that slows down the animation and used some trick (tiny changes in position) to prolong some states. Those two tricks got me to something that I can work with. I tested it in ARES, and it works but in the end my target does not appear in the final results of hits and misses. Only stock targets are present, but mine is not. I'd like to add it in some way, but I don't see any option. Any ideas?

RomanDesign

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von RomanDesign Do 04 Apr 2024, 22:28

OK, Solved it :-) My target was rotated 90 degrees, so its profile was invisible. When I oriented it properly, it's now displayed! So I can create custom objects and targets now! Too bad IPSC game doesn't calculate shooting scores, but thats not a big problem...

RomanDesign

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von RomanDesign So 07 Apr 2024, 22:14

I wanted to create a more tactical and counter-terrorism training experience than a pure IPSC simulator.
I have managed to add 4 animated targets and 17 objects ranging from shipping containers, fences, barriers, modular wall/window/door kit to several training buildings. Some objects that look OK in the 3DGamestudio just refuse to work correctly no matter what I do - there are some inside-out surfaces that pop up from behind everything, so I had to discard them. However, the objects and targets that I created from scratch, and some modified free models seem to work fine. Targets pop up or slide sideways to create hard-to-predict moving targets. Animation seems to only be cyclic, but if slowed down in the editor it can be tricked to wait in 2 positions for a longer time via tiny movements in keyframes.
After adding 4 targets and 17 objects the ARES editor bugs out - the interface glitches on the 18th object and it just crashes on the 19th object. So it's very limited, but still, it looks like a very potent kit for what I wanted. Though it took too much time to solve all the glitches and to create the set. I probably would not do it if I knew how much time it would take...

I have built the first test course, and it works in the editor and ARES on my PC, but I haven't tested it on the projector/laser setup yet...

Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets 2024-010

Zuletzt von RomanDesign am So 07 Apr 2024, 22:22 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet

RomanDesign

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von RomanDesign So 07 Apr 2024, 22:18

Here are a few more screenshots from my test IPSC course.
Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets 2024-011
Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets 2024-012
Creating new IPSC Editor objects and targets 2024-010

If anyone is interested, I can post the courses I create when I finalize the target and object set and create and test more elaborate courses. Let me know what would be the best way to do that.

RomanDesign

Jasper und K. Glander mögen diesen Beitrag

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Jasper Mi 24 Apr 2024, 06:30

Very nice 👍

Jasper

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten